Friday, October 19, 2012

Remodel of home "after the flood"


Our home recently went through quite a bit of cosmetic remodeling after some water damage from and "accident."  Our son forgot to turn off the bathtub water and it ran for several hours, flooding most of the upstairs and downstairs of our house.  All is well now, but our summer was spent packing everything, moving furniture and replacing flooring, wallpaper, and paint.  Lighting was replaced and walls and baseboards were repaired. 

This did give me a wonderful opportunity to organize closets and redecorate with what we already owned.  One of my favorite changes is gathering many of my Catholic pieces and making our entryway a Catholic collage.  We have lived in our home over 13 years and I never knew what to place on this curved wall.   You can't help but know how we feel about God when you walk in the front door. 


3 comments:

  1. Wow, talk about turning a major negative into a great positive! I’m sorry to hear that the water damage was bad enough to require major repairs, but glad that you were able to take that and remodel your home! Did you call in professionals to help with the restoration from the water damage, like the replacement of flooring and baseboards?

    - Carlene Maysonet -

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Carlene. Yes, we had water damage company come in first with giant fans and drilled holes in the walls to allow them to dry. Some sheet rock and ceilings had to be cut out and replaced. The floors and carpets were replaced and then baseboards had to be replaced and walls repainted. We decided to use paper in the kitchen like before even though it is more popular now to paint. I like wallpaper and I figure it will be back in style eventually. I never worry about what is in since I tend to like vintage things anyway. The repairs/replacement took most of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing. roofing

    ReplyDelete